Monday, October 17, 2011

Save the Ta-Tas....Badass Ta-Tas

I have been fortunate so far to never have experienced this horrible disease personally, but as a woman this is a cause very near and dear to my heart. That’s why I decided to write this blog. To help raise awareness, and hopefully even more money to help fund research for this disease.


Here are just a few facts about breast cancer:

1. Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women after skin cancer. It is the second leading cause of cancer death in women after lung cancer.
2. The left breast is statistically more prone to developing cancer than the right breast. Scientists are unsure why.
3. In the U.S., an average of 112 women die of breast cancer every day, or one every 15 minutes.
4. The U.S. has the most cases of breast cancer in the world.
5. Only 5-10% of breast cancers occur in women who have a genetic predisposition for this disease.
6. There are currently 2.5 million breast cancer survivors living in the U.S.
7. Women age 40 and older should have screening mammograms every 1 to 2 years.

These are only a very small amount of facts about breast cancer, frightening as they are. Education is definitely one of the keys to help fight this disease, but also just as important are donations. Donations made by every day people like you and me.

Save The Ta-Tas brand commits 5% of every sale to the Save The Ta-Tas Foundation, and they assure that a donation is commited regardless. They calculate their donation by the actual sale price, not the profits made, and they are used primarily to support independent scientific research. You can read more about why they are special here: http://www.savethetatas.org/why-we-are-special/.

Save The Ta-Tas brand is also a fun way to show your support for the cause to the world. This is why I strongly stand behind the efforts of the Save The Ta-Tas brand and foundation.

My favorite item right now is the black Badass Ta-Tas tank, because really…how many of us think we have some badass ta-tas, right? And because I love this tank so much, I will be giving one away to one of my very lucky followers with the help of Save The Ta-Tas brand. You can find other items here: www.savethetatas.com.

Also, because I believe so much in their efforts to help find a cure, I have purchased 4 of the Badass Ta-Tas magnets, on my own, to also give away. They’ve already been ordered, that’s how strongly I believe in them. And really, it’s a small price to pay if it’ll help find a cure for breast cancer one day.

I would love to hear from everyone regarding this blog and this awful disease, whether you have your own personal story you’d like to share, or just want to show your support for women worldwide who are fighting this disease every day. And please, don't forget to include your email address if you want to be entered to win either that badass tank or one of the 4 badass magnets at the end of the month!  Together we can beat this!

Picture of the tank I'm giving away:  http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Clothing/Tops/Graphics//Save+The+Tatas+-+Black+Badass+Tatas+Tank-595048.jsp

Picture of the magnet I'm giving away:  http://www.savethetatas.com/auto/badass-ta-tas-bumper-magnet-black/

8 comments:

  1. I love the fact that even though you are not one Fighting this horrible cancer that you wrote a blog to inform others :) What a wonderful thing to do. I myself like you do not have it and I am thankful, but just this last Sat Oct 15th I attended a Breast Cancer Awareness walk with one of my darling friends who sadly lost her Wonderfully, Beautiflly Strong mother this past June to Breast Cancer. Her mother was one of the most couragous and Loving people I have been blessed to know along with her daughter and I am very thankful to have them in my life. We had lost touch as many people do when starting families and moving away,but none the less it hurt and still does. I don't know how my friend does it everyday must be the strenght from her mother come through her :) Well now I have babbled on when I really just wanted to tell you that this is a wonderful Blog and I will be following. All women need to know the fact about this and thank you for sharing! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful information. More people should know about this. I am cancer free since 1993, my girlfriend has stage four cancer and has such a great out look on life even through all of her meds and radiation . I am very sorry Megan for your loss. I walk for my friends and just completed the Susan G in Sept for my girlfriend ! Hope she has enough fight to beat this horrible disease. If I win I will give her the tank or magnet, for she is truly a badass !! cara.gawereki@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Laura & I was diagnosed with breast cancer in August 2010. It's been one roller coaster ride. I made it through 2 surgeries, 5 months of chemo, & 7 weeks of radiation. If it wasn't for my parents, my sister, & all my other wonderful family & friends I would've never made it. I am glad you are doing this for all the women of the world cause it is so important to catch it early. The best way to do that is education & self awareness. I was 35 at the time of my diagnoses. I know people that were younger at the time of their diagnosis so IT IS NEVER TOO EARLY to do self exams!!!! Thank You! e-mail LAPursch@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that it is wonderful what you are doing to raise awareness!!! I believe whole-heartedly in supporting the cause because like you, I personally have never experienced it, but I do know people who have. I love Save the Ta-Ta's for their creativity and the fun way they go about getting people's attention to raise awareness!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I was diagnosed with breast cancer in December 2011 & am happy to say I am now a survivor. Like you breast cancer awareness is a passion of mine. I have the Badass Tatas tshirt!! I love it! I didn't know there was a tanktop and magnets. Very fun! Thank you for doing this. I hope I win so I can wear the tank to the gym and get more ladies to remember to check their badass Tatas! ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't surprise me that you took a moment out of you're life to post such an important blog about Breast Cancer. You always think about everyone else before yourself and that is why everyone treasures your friendship,love and respect. A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was only 27 and is now 35 and living and living a healthy and cancerfree life with her family. The only reason she had a mammogram done was because she was considering breast implants. Everything happens for a reason and they caught it early. Thank you for posting this blog as it educated me on things I didn't know about the disease.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok everyone...since I'm not getting any more posts, I'm going to go ahead and close the contest now. I will be contacting the winners tonight. If you didn't post your email on here, please send it to me at greekangel76@yahoo.com, as I am going to give a magnet to everyone who commented, and would like to get everyone's address...except for you, gabsterat30. I know where you live...lol. And that's not meant to be ominous...we're friends. I will be contacting the tank winner via email.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cara...can you please contact me at the email address I provided above? I tried to email you, as you are the winner of the tank top, but it came back as undeliverable.

    ReplyDelete